OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
Bob Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Baran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:23:35 -0400
I had the opportunity to observe a pair of Coopers Hawks in the yard this
morning (Sunday). This was the same pair that nested around the house last
year but in a different nest. I was able to watch the male work on the nest,
going back and forth for nest material and also breaking branches off trees.
On one trip back to the nest, the female was already there and he was not
allowed in the nest. I then watched the female enjoy breakfast for some
time. To top this off, I was able to witness the mating of the adults. I
have included a link to a gallery of pictures from my morning outing with
the Coops.

I was also lucky enough to have a Eastern Towhee and Brown Creeper this
morning as well.

Bob
Hilliard, OH

http://bsquaredphotos.smugmug.com/Birds/Coopers-Hawks/Coopers-Hawk/11580322_