OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
Jill Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jill Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:57:50 -0500
We have confirmation that a pair of Bald Eagles is nesting along Big
Walnut Creek in Three Creeks Park!  The pair have been seen in the area
much of the winter hunting along the creek.  Unfortunately, the nest can't
be seen from park property.  However, we have been given permission by
Madison Christian Church to view the nest from their parking lot.
The church is on Bixby Road just south of the park entrance.  Park in the
lot closest to the road and do not block their driveway access.  Look
across the farm field to the treeline for the nest.  The church has asked
that people stay in the parking lot area and not wander around their
property.  The farm across the street also DOES NOT want people on the
property.
Please remember to keep your distance from the nest during this very
sensitive time.  We don't want to disturb the birds and cause them to
abandon the nest!
Happy Eagle viewing!