OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jill bowers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:43:29 -0400
Hey! All you who didn't make it to Shreve!!!
What a great Sensation it was!!

We arrived Thursday and registered at Mohican State Park for 3 days! Of course, Friday was spent touring the "hot spots" Cole mentoned. And we were NOT disappointed! Ducks gallore! Some were pretty far out in the wetands. And you remember what the weather was like then ? When we went to bed Thursday, the weatherman said you might see a "FEW" flakes by morning!  WELL! He was WRONG!!

We had 3" at the park - Site #84! So, from there, things began to melt! When JB applied the brakes on the truck, the ice came crashing off the top of the camper and scared us both! But we were glad it was melting!!

Anyway, back to my original thought!!

Saturday was absoluely THE BEST!! All of the SIX presenters were fabulout!! KUDOS to the comittee for their choices!! Now, lets see if you can top it for next year! (Challange!!)

Chuck Jakubchak told of the different migrations of some of our feathered friends. Laura Jones told about the Ohio Legacy Stamp (which the photographer just happens to be from MY side of Ohio!!) As usual, Jim McCormac was dynamic! and even mentioned Mercer County!! The Medina Raptor Center presentation about Owls gave us insight into these remarkable creatures.

And one of MY favorite people, Kimberly Kaufman gave a passionate presentaion about the NEXT generation of birders ! And then there was Kenn topping off the afternoon. He is always great to listen to.

The Birders Market featured so many neat products and people to visit with an learn about --

I just could go on and on about how GREAT a day it was!! Sorry YOU MISSED IT!!!

On a side note, Friday evening, we visited Landoll's Mohican Castle for dinner - Steppping Stone Restaurant -- UMMMM good!

So, MARK you calendars for next year to see if the committee can top todays Sensation!!

Loved it!

Ok, that's MY story - and I'm stickin to it!!

;-)

We'll be back in Auglaize County by Monday.

Jill