OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2010

From:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:05:04 -0500
I saw the following waterfowl yesterday, March 10, at Tappan Lake.
    redheads    5
    American widgeons    5
    ring-necked ducks    23
    Canada geese    35
    mallards     2
    common mergansers    4
    wood ducks    10
    tundra swan or trumpeteer    2
    ring-billed gulls    30
Also the eagle is on it's nest.
There is a great blue heron rookery west of Cadiz south of US rt 22 and it
had some of the herons present.
This is the first year we have had flickers come to our suet feeder and we
had a wild turkey at our sunflower feeder.

                      David Smith
                        Station 15
                        Harrison Cty