From:
Tim Colborn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Colborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 20:30:17 -0400
Lynne Woodman and I found an hour at lunch to bird the Erie Street Cemetery in downtown Cleveland this afternoon.  With temps in the 70's, it felt more like early June than early April.  The Woodcocks reported from earlier in the week were not to be seen but there were a few migrants and others that gave us much joy:

American Robin    XX
Dark-eyed Junco    XX
Song Sparrow    XX
Northern Flicker    4-6
Eastern Phoebe    1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker    1
Hermit Thrush    1
Fox Sparrow    2-3
Eastern Towhee    1 (handsome male)
Peregrine Falcon    1 (flyover)
Turkey Vulture    1 (just west of the cemetery)

In addition, Lynn had a Brown Creeper near the corner of East 9th and Euclid while I had a Swamp Sparrow under the trees next to the Cleveland Municipal School's administration building.

Have a good migration!

Tim Colborn
North Olmsted, OH