Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:11:12 EDT
Main Park:
    Lesser yellowlegs - 2
    Killdeer - 2
    Double-crested cormorants - 5
    American coots - 2
    Green-winged teal - 12
    Blue-winged teal - 15
    Wood ducks - 3
    Great blue herons - numerous, as always
    Belted kingfishers - 2
    Bufflehead - 1 female
    Red-tailed hawk - 2
    Coopers hawk
    Brown creepers
    Blue-gray gnatcatchers
    Warbling vireo (heard)
    And all the "regular stuff"

Saturday, April 10:
    Bald eagles - 3 (2 imm., 1 Adult)  Soaring  over the main pond at the
same time !
    We have seen no activity at the nest for a  week.  We have had reports
of adult eagles at the nest from dependable  observers, but nothing that
seems like nesting activity.

Off topic:  If you're headed to the lake for a weekend or the  auto tour,
check out Sandi's Cafe in the middle of Lindsey, Ohio on Route 590  about 8
miles south of Route 2.  Great sandwiches, soup, and ice  cream.  We usually
take I-75 to Route 6 to Route 590 to Route 2 when  going to Ottawa and Magee
Marsh, etc.  We have no financial interest or  relationship with the
owner--just hungry !!!  Nice alternative to what else  is available in the area.

Ed and Bev Neubauer
Englewood, Ohio