From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:55:46 -0700
Was at Villa Angela/Wildwood Areas of Cleveland Lakefront State Park this morning from 10:00 to 1:00pm.  I birded with Mark Anderson for part of the time.  I returned later from 4:40 to 6:45pm to see if I could find anything different.  We were unable to find any warblers today at these parks just a few new birds.  Here are a few of the birds I saw today:

Wildwood Park

A. Black Ducks 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Coopers Hawk 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 adult (south end of island in large tree as seen from west of Euclid Creek - had not been seen for over 4-6 weeks)
Spotted Sandpiper 1 (Mark had already seen prior to today)
Hermit Thrush 2
Swamp Sparrow 1
Eastern Towhee 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet 1

Villa Angela

DC Cormorants - several groups flying west
Pied-billed Grebe 1 (Mark had already seen prior to today)
Northern Flickers 5
Hermit Thrush 6
Brown Thrasher 3
Brown Creeper 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet 2
Fox Sparrows 3
Dark-eyed Junco 7

Euclid Creek Reservation (3 Red-tailed Hawks seen)

Upper Highland
Northern Mockingbird 1
Eastern Phoebe 1

Quarry Picnic Area