From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:36:32 -0400
I have seen Northern Rough-winged nesting downstream from that spot last
year, near the last platform that lets you view the river.  I thought they
were Bank Swallows but Sibley notes "both nest in holes in sand banks.
Northern Rough-winged singly and Bank Swallow colonially."

Bank Swallows have nested in years past in South Chagrin Reservation near
Jackson Field (Moreland Hills).  I recall seeing many holes in the eroded
wall next to the river and several birds flying in-and-out of the nesting
holes.  None there so far this year.

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH