From:
"Laura C. Gooch" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:01:25 -0400
I spent several hours on the Magee Marsh/Crane Creek bird trail,
causeway, and beach (mostly on the bird trail) yesterday. Bird numbers
were small, but the specialty of the day was Winter Wrens, of which I
saw a dozen or so. Yellow-rumped warblers were present in small numbers,
and a Prothonotary Warbler, a Palm Warbler, and a Louisiana Waterthrush
made appearances, as did a Sandhill Crane (flyover). Ebird list follows.

Laura Gooch
Cleveland Heights

-Location: Crane Creek Bird Trail

Observation date:     4/11/10
Notes:     Overcast to partly cloudy, light wind, some light rain early. Two sessions: one from 8:30-9:45 and one from 12:30-16:15.
Most of the time on the boardwalk, but also some time at the beach (Scaup sp. offshore) and some along the causeway (all of the other
swans, geese, ducks).

Number of species:     51

Canada Goose     X
Mute Swan     3
Wood Duck     X
Gadwall     X
Mallard     X
Blue-winged Teal     X
Northern Shoveler     2
Green-winged Teal     2
Ring-necked Duck     2
Greater/Lesser Scaup     X
Pied-billed Grebe     2
Double-crested Cormorant     X
Great Blue Heron     X
Great Egret     X
Bald Eagle     1
Accipiter sp.     X
Common Moorhen     1
American Coot     X
Sandhill Crane     1
Killdeer     X
Bonaparte's Gull     100
Herring Gull     X
Mourning Dove     X
Red-bellied Woodpecker     X
Downy Woodpecker     X
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)     X
Eastern Phoebe     X     With nesting material.
Tree Swallow     X
Black-capped Chickadee     X
Brown Creeper     X
Winter Wren     X