From:
Peter Huston <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Huston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:45:36 -0400
Hi everyone,

You might be interested in coming to Put-in-Bay during the spring birding
and Warbler migration. This is quite a hot spot the first two weeks in May.
The Elder Hostel comes here every year over that time period and several of
their events are open to the public. Here is a list of events.

7:15pm May 3,4,5 and May 10,11,12 at our Town Hall there will be guest
speakers on various aspects of birding. I know that Tom Bartlett, one of
Ohio's premier ornithologists, will be a speaker on one of the nights. He is
also a "Master Bander" and will likely band his 50,000 bird here this
summer. He sets nets almost every morning on those days down on the east
point of the island. Any morning but Wednesday the public can watch. Tom
loves an audience and is a wealth of information.

On May 5th Mona Rutger from Back to the Wild, (was the Animal Planet person
of the year in 2008) will be here as well to give a talk.

On May 6, 13 there is a day trip on the Jet Express to Canada to track the
bird migration to Pelee Island, one of the most famous in the region. It is
an all day event, with a lunch included. You buy tickets directly from the
jet express (www.jet-express.com)

On a related note world renowned Canadian writer Margaret Atwood hosts Bird
Song one of those weekends as well over on Pelee.

Hope you can come for a visit.

Peter and Amy Huston
First Island Son B&B (firstislandson.com)