From:
"Lehman, Jay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lehman, Jay
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:13:51 -0400
I started the day shortly after sunrise in the vicinity of Peach Mountain south east of Peebles in Adams County.  Broad-winged Hawk 1, Ruffed Grouse 1 drumming, Wild Turkey 3 toms, Hermit Thrush 1 singing, Blue-winged Warbler 2, Northern Parula 2, Yellow-rumped Warbler 6 (starting to sing),  Yellow-throated Warbler 2, Pine Warbler 2, Prairie Warbler 2, Black and White Warbler 2, Ovenbird 4, Common Yellowthroat 2, Blue-headed Vireo 1, Scarlet Tanager 1, calling "chip-burr" then singing.  This area is now filled with turkey hunters.

I continued north to Spring Valley WA.  Virginia Rail 1, Yellow-throated Warbler 1, Swamp Sparrow 4 singing, Rusty Blackbird 1 singing west of bike path.  Not much activity at 2:00 pm.

I continued north to Columbus.  Yellow-crowned Night Heron 2 Preston Road, one on nest, one standing by. I arrived by about 3:30 pm

I continued north to Killdeer Plains WA.  Along Rt. 294 north of KPWA and just east of the north entrance in a historically flooded field, Least Sandpiper 1, Pectoral Sandpiper 7, Dunlin 1.  In the field south of the maintenance area in a wet area near the tree-line, I found Pectoral Sandpiper 6, Lesser Yellowlegs 2.
Jay

Jay G. Lehman
Cincinnati, OH