From:
"Boutis, Nick" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boutis, Nick
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:18:24 -0400
All,

The dire weather forecast for yesterday morn inspired us to reschedule
our birding training for volunteers, but the rain turned out to be
light, so I went out in the north Glen anyway.  Spent about two hours
in the Inman Trail and Outdoor Education Center areas, and had a
decent early migration showing.  Good numbers of white-throated
sparrows (35-40), plus my first sighting of purple finch in the Glen.

The volunteer training has been rescheduled for Sunday May 2nd, 9 am
at Trailside Museum.

Here's the complete list:
Canada goose
Wood duck
Solitary sandpiper
Mourning dove
Pileated woodpecker (coming out of nesting cavity)
Red-belied woodpecker
Downy woodpecker
Eastern phoebe
Great horned owl (two juveniles in a nesting cavity)
Blue jay
American crow
Ruby-crowned kinglet
Carolina Chickadee