From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:44:42 -0400
Is it finally OK for the Turkey Vultures to make there continued trip up
to Hinkley?!  We started with a dozen and now it has stacked up to
about  30 of them at last count(yesterday evening) down here at East
Liberty near the auto plant.  They claim that they are waiting for
clearance from The Hinkley Flight Control Center to continue there
migration.  Could someone up there please call down here and give them
permission to continue so that they would quit scaring all of  the
Canadians that take up spring residence in the area.

Yep Last night I counted 30+ Turkey Vultures roosting in the trees
behind the auto plant at East Liberty.  It was really an amazing site.
There are increasing numbers of TVs that use the woods as roosts during
the first parts of spring.  They eventually move on and spread out, but
during the next couple of weeks, they really start packing into the woods.

Canada Geese are looking for potential nesting sites...some of them are
not in good areas, so hopefully they will choose to move on.
A friend said that they saw an owl back in there one day last week, but
I have yet to confirm it.

LAter

Steve