From:
Paul Dubuc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Dubuc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:29:21 -0400
I viewed and poorly-but-sufficiently photographed an alternate-plumed
Wilson's Phalarope near the western end of Elroy-Ansonia Road.  The bird was
observed from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. in a flooded area / seasonal pond on the
south side of the road, across from a cow pasture.  It was still there when
I left, sharing the area with Pectoral (30) and Solitary (1) Sandpiper ,
Greater Yellowlegs (7), Lesser Yellowlegs (5), American Golden Plover (1 -
transitional), Killdeer (2, nesting), American Pipit (2), Dunlin (1), and
Peeps (6-10).  This is a small wet area, and the furthest reaches are only a
100 yards away from the roadside.  The Phalarope was only 40 yards or so
away while I watched.

GPS Coordinates:  40.210,-84.701

Also had FOY Vesper Sparrow (1) and Made-Rites (2).

Bird well,

--
Paul Dubuc,
Dayton, OH