Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:25:02 -0400
I found myself in Seville, Ohio (Medina Co.) yesterday, so I stopped at
avian hotspot River Styx Park. It was late afternoon and fairly quiet, but I
did manage to get a FOY veery, a pileated woodpecker, a half dozen or so
blue gray gnatcatchers, and a winter wren (in brambles on west edge of
pond). The trillium, violets and dutchman's breeches were abloom everywhere.

In my western Summit County yard the brown thrasher, absent for 4-5 days
after arriving last week, reappeared last evening and was singing high in
the trees this morning. A FOY house wren appeared today, exactly on schedule
and with his eye on the bluebird box. The bluebirds are AWOL and will find
some competition from more than house sparrows when they return.

Looking forward to what the south winds bring...

Karen Gray
Copley Twp./Summit Co.