From:
Rebecca Hinkle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:29:13 -0400
Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge has been getting some questions and
comments
about its water management, this was the reminder I needed to tell you all
about a presentation being given by Doug Brewer, Refuge Manager at Ottawa
National Wildlife Refuge.  Every year there are questions out there about
why we do things, what our plans are, how we make decisions, and of
course,
speculation when things aren't done the way people expect.  On the evening
of May 13, 2010, at 7:45 p.m., Doug Brewer will present Refuge Management
101.  This program does require registration but it is FREE.  To register
go
to www.biggestweekinamericanbirding.com and check out all of the amazing
things happening during this event, then register for Doug's talk and some
of the other great programs and walks. Remember, as soon as you register
for
any activity during the "Biggest Week" festival, you're eligible for
multiple guided bird walks happening every day during the festival. The
walks will be led by world-class birders who really know how to help
people
spot birds and have a lot of fun in the process! All you have to do is
show
up, show your Biggest Week name tag, and you're in!

Now I want to be clear about this talk, it is not a boring program about
how
to manage a wetland, or worse, how to manage refuge personnel.  It is a
time
to get all of those questions answered about this refuge and why things
are
done the way they are.  It is a time to meet Doug, a birder, native
Ohioan,
and a really great guy!!!  He will share with you how we choose which
areas
to draw down for shorebirds each year, why we have closed areas, and the
answers to all of your burning questions.

So please check out the schedule for The Biggest Week in American Birding,
we have worked so hard on this terrific partnership and are so excited
about
bringing new people to northwest Ohio and new people to birding that we
don't want to miss any of you (or your questions)

Rebecca E. Hinkle
Visitor Services Manager

Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge
14000 West State Route 2