From:
Hans Clebsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hans Clebsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:07:57 -0400
Hello,

Birding yesterday (April 3, 2010) in Mentor at the Headlands Dunes
State Nature Preserve with my son and two other birders at the edge
of the grassland and woodland (41.7602-81.2841) I heard a wood-
warbler that sounded to me like an American Redstart. I looked for
the bird and did not see it. Upon returning home I listen back to
ODNR tapes and confirmed that what I heard was the same call (not
rolling-squeaky wheelish call.)

Quite a large number of Song Sparrows vocalizing with Field and
Savannah Sparrow. Nice to see first Barn and Tree Swallows. Large
numbers of Northern Flickers.

Beautiful day with nice warm southern winds.

Best,

Hans Clebsch
Shaker Heights