From:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:29:29 -0400
My great nephew and I birded the Zimmerman Trail from about 10AM- 12 noon.  It was pretty birdy!  We had 46 species for the day.  Here are the highlights:
1- Bluebird
1- Blue heron
1- Hermit thrush
1- Ruby-crowned kinglet
11-Yellow-bellied sapsuckers! Up close and personal
Song sparrows- many
1- White-throated sparrow
1- Swamp sparrow
1- Fox sparrow
2- Brown creepers
1- Hairy woodpecker
3- Downey woodpecker
2- Northern flickers
2- Brown thrashers
1- Winter wren

Shipman's Pond had 3 American Widgeon.  Out on the lake we had Ruddy ducks,  Shoveler, Red-breasted Mergansers.  Bonaparte's were the most numerous gulls.  Many small flocks of DC Cormorants flying west.  Around my house in Chardon we had our first Carolina wren for the season.  Also our resident Cooper's Hawk put in an appearance.

Sally Isacco
Mark Cicero Jr.
Chardon