From:
Karl Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karl Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2010 22:42:09 -0400
Today, James Fox, Andy Fox, Cathy Carroll and I birded Oak Openings
in Lucas County and Lake La Su An in Williams County and had a nice
selection of breeding birds.  We had 14 species of warblers--11 in
Ohio and 3 more in Hillsdale County, Michigan (Chestnut-sided
Warbler, Louisiana Waterthrush and Kentucky Warbler).  Here are the
highlights of the Ohio birds:

Sandhill Crane:  2 adults and a young on Williams County Road 5-75
near sewage lagoon.
Pileated Woodpecker: 1 Girdham at Reed Roads, Oak Openings
Sedge Wren: parking area on west side of 8 Road south of S Road,
Williams County
Prairie Warbler: 2 singing males at Oak Openings.  One at dunes area
on Girdham; one on Reed Road west of Girdham Rd.
Yellow-throated Warbler:  1 singing bird seen at bridge on S Road at
Lake Lac Su An
Black-throated Green Warbler: 1 singing bird at bridge on S Road at
Lake Lac Su An
Cerulean Warbler: 2 singing birds 200 yards east of bridge on S Road
at Lake Lac Su An
Prothonotary Warbler: 1 in small wooded pond on S Road west of 8 Road.
Yellow-breasted Chat: 2 birds on Sager Road at west end of Toledo
Airport
Summer Tanager: 1 singing male on Girdham Road, Oak Openings
Summer Tanager: 1 singing male off a trail on edge of opening on west
side of Lake Lac Su An.
Blue Grosbeak: 1 male Jeffers Road across from horse riding center,
Oak Openings
Lark Sparrow: 3 on Girdham Road; 1 on Jeffers Road at Oak Openings
Grasshopper Sparrow:  1 at  west end of Toledo Airport
Henslow's Sparrow:  multiple birds at two places at Lake Lac Su An area:
                parking area on south side of S Road east of 8 Road;
                parking area on west side of 8 Road south of S Road

Cheers,

Karl Overman
Farmington HIlls, Michigan
www.karloverman.com