From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2010 18:58:46 -0700
I went to Villa Angela and Wildwood parks of the Cleveland Lakefront State Parks on the east side of Cleveland today.  I ran into Mark Anderson around 11am and we birded till 3pm then he left and I stayed til 4pm.  After noon it started to rain with a loud thunder and we almost left but we stayed til the rain stopped and saw more birds near the lake.  Jeanne Hrenko was there earlier and left around 11:20am.  She saw the Great Egret on Euclid Creek and also said the Blue-winged Warbler seemed to follow near her in the park.  Here is a list of some of the birds Mark and I saw:

Red-breasted Merganser 1
Common Loon 1 (front of Villa Angela)
Green Heron 1 (Villa Angela in wet area in woods)
Chimney Swift - numerous
Least Flycatcher 1 Villa Angela "calling chebek"
Unknown flycatcher 1 Villa Angela "calling whit"
Eastern Kingbird 1 Villa Angela
White-eyed Vireo 1 Villa Angela
Warbling Vireos numerous
Bank Swallows numerous
House Wrens - at least 4 (3 Villa Angela, 1 Wildwood)
Ruby-crowned Kinglets 3-4 Villa Angela
Veery 1 (possibly 2) Villa Angela
Swainson's Thrush 1 Wildwood
Hermit Thrush 2 Villa Angela
Wood Thrush 1 Wildwood
Gray Catbirds numerous
Brown Thrasher 1 Villa Angela

Blue-winged Warbler 1 Villa Angela (seen many places)
Nashville Warbler 1 Villa Angela
Yellow Warbler - many
Yellow-rumped Warbler 10+ Villa Angela
Black-and-white Warbler 1 Villa Angela
Ovenbird 2 (Villa Angela & Wildwood)
Common Yellowthroat 3 Villa Angela

Field Sparrow 1 Villa Angela
Lincolns Sparrow 1 Villa Angela
Swamp Sparrow 1 Villa Angela
White-throated Sparrows 40+

Orchard Orioles 4 (3 adult males, 1-1st summer male)Villa Angela just after rain west of bathhouse

I also had five White-crowned Sparrows in my backyard this morning and one Palm Warbler.

Nancy Anderson
Richmond Hts, OH
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a