From:
Matt Vosniak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Vosniak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2010 10:41:08 -0400
Made a stop after church today to check on some of the spots around
downtown Lorain.  I found a single mostly breeding plummage Black Bellied
Plover that was within twenty feet of my car.  The bird was very calm and
gave me about 5 minutes of up close looks.  This was not in the
impoundment area but actually on the west side of the Black River in the
area along the river behind Lorain City Hall.  There is a shallow
depression there that often during migratory times holds some birds.  I
also drove over near the impoundment.  I didn't walk the dikes because
they were muddy and I was still in church clothes but I did walk up on top
of the dyke near the entrance and scanned the area and there is a lot of
shallow puddles in the new reconditioning that has been done to the entire
place that might be worth checking out.  In one I did see a Spotted
Sandpiper but I didn't go searching like I said.

Matt