Date:
Mon, 10 May 2010 22:12:55 -0400
Hello from out west!

I just received an e-mail from a very nice gentleman (Stan Lessig) with whom I had some e-mail correspondence last year indicating he and two others saw, photographed, and video taped a Purple Gallinule at Spring Valley WA yesterday (Sunday, May 9th).  He doesn't know that I moved to Nevada but I said I would pass on the info to the list serv as he is not sure how to post.  Mr. Lessig included a great photograph of the Purple Gallinule in his e-mail to me, and said he was going to post the video to You Tube.  He indicated that the Purple Gallinule was in the open water to the right of the viewing platform at the end of the boardwalk as you face the platform from the boardwalk.  It is ironic that I received his e-mail as I was going to post tomorrow asking for continued reporting (both positive and negative) of the Purple Gallinule at Columbia Reservation, as I am coming to Ohio this Thursday for nine days and want to see this bird.  So please continue any reports of a Purple Gallinule anywhere!  I hope to see many birding friends (and warblers) during my upcoming trip!

Rob Lowry
Carson City, NV