Date:
Thu, 20 May 2010 15:54:14 -0400
Hello all, I just recieved a report from the phantom of Pickerington Ponds Metro Park that two Phalaropes were seen swimming on Pintail Marsh/pond?from the wooden platform at the end of the trails that converge from either the Wood Duck Picknic area, or from the Park office parking lot called Killdeer Trail. He only had binoculars with him so he couldn't say for certain what species of Phalarope they were, but they definitely were Phalaropes. Its about a Mile from the park office parkinglot to get there, and with a scope thats a bit of a haul, but I will put the scope in my pack and check them out tonight after work, then send an update if I am able to identify them.
Good Birding,
Ben Warner