From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 14:48:50 -0400
Bobolink's were reported a couple weeks ago at Frohring Meadows (just east
of Chagrin Falls) but I thought you might like to know that there are lots
of them to see. Last evening I walked the dog on the trail through the large
meadow and counted at least 7 males scattered across the meadow.  I got
really close to some of them but that's the way when your camera is at
home!!  No females were seen.

The 'scrape' in the wetland was devoid of anything other than a few Mallards
and a few Killdeer.

Under the power lines is a great place for a large variety of birds.  There
is the edge of the prairie meadow, thick shrubs about 8 - 10 feet tall, the
edge of the woods and some vegetation I would call 'old field'.  You  can
find yellow warblers, indigo buntings, different finches, Towhee's and
woodpeckers at the woods edge, great crested flycatchers, sparrows,
bluebirds, blackbirds, pink birds (ooops! Got carried away).  You get the
idea.  A really great spot to bird on a sunny day.

Matt Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH