From:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sally/Dave Isacco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2010 17:36:47 -0400
Headlands again today was super!  I did not arrive till late but still had a few nice surprises.  We birded for about 4 1/2 hrs.  Although we only saw 19 species of warblers,  I believe 24-26 were reported.  Magnolia warblers and Swainson's thrushes ( at least 35 ) were most numerous.  Most of the Swainson's were high in the trees today.  Mourning warblers easy to find ( I saw 4 of the 6 reported ).  Wilson and Canada warblers everywhere.  I have never heard so many Tennessee warblers singing.  I managed a few nice shots too.  My highlight was a beautiful Golden-winged warbler that put on a lovely show up close and personal.  I also saw my first Yellow-bellied Flycatcher of the yr and there were quite a few.  The Black-billed cuckoo also gave us great looks as well as a Yellow-throated Vireo and 2 Gray-cheeked Thrushes.  Connecticut warbler also reported but not seen by me.  It was 4 1/2 hrs of non-stop entertainment which came to an abrupt end when the thunderstorm hit.  No time to cover the entire park.  My only regret today is that I had the pleasure of sleeping in which doesn't happen too often.  Can't wait till retirement!

Sally Isacco
Chardon