From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 18:28:09 -0400
Hi all,

I got a phone call about 9 am this morning at my office; it was from a woman
in Medina County who had a Purple Gallinule stalking about her yard. The
amazing thing is that this bird is only about 20 miles south of the
celebrity gallinule at Columbia Reservation in Lorain County. I could stand
it no more and begged off work and headed north. By the time that I got to
the Medina residence, about 12:30, we could not find the gallinule, but I
did see the photos. If this bird reappears she'll let me know and I'll let
you know.

As a completely adequate consolation I drove to Columbia Reservation and was
rewarded with awesome looks at that Purple Gallinule. Should have some
decent photos, and I'll stick some on my blog later.

Jim

Jim McCormac
Columbus, Ohio
Like Nature? http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/