From:
"McCormac, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McCormac, Jim
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2010 09:12:15 -0400
Excellent report, Kim, thanks! That brings the number of Purple
Gallinules to four that I know of: Medina County; the famous Lorain
County/Columbia Reservation bird; one that was brought to Brukner Nature
Center in Miami County, and this bird.

One has to wonder how many others are skulking through the lily pads out
there. Or in much more atypical places. The Medina bird was foraging on
a lawn and hiding under thick spruce trees. Purple Gallinules often show
up in really odd places far from water. It'll be interesting to see if
any more of these beautiful birds are found.

Jim McCormac

Jim McCormac
Ohio Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., G-2