From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 21:45:34 -0400
Coming back from Delaware, I crossed Alum Creek lake on the Cheshire bridge and noticed a Spring-plumaged Common Loon feeding off the south side of the causeway.  This site has a history of late Loon sightings, and even had an alleged adult with chick 5 years ago, so any late loon here bears watching.  It's always surprising that they hang out here, since this is arguably the most boated lake in central Ohio.  In fact, there were loads of boats out today, and I saw no other waterbirds except for a few pairs of Canada Geese close to shore.

Few other birds of note, but both the Cheshire bridge and the State Route 37 bridge  over the lake have healthy colonies of Cliff Swallows now.