OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2010

Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:04:15 -0400
Shaune Skinner, Al La Sala and I set sail again in the S.S.Hoover to monitor Prothonotary Warblers in areas at the north part of Hoover Reservoir. Over 20 new Prothonotary Warbler territories were located. This brings the total number of Prothonotary Warbler territories located to 163. At several locations we watched the adults bring food for their hatchlings. Along the way we checked on the two Osprey nests which are doing well. It was a nice day to be on the water. The species present included:
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Green Heron
Turkey Vulture