OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2010

From:
Terry Sponseller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terry Sponseller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:29:53 -0400
I will state what we know.
    1. The Clay-colored sparrow arrived in our yard on April 29. That makes this day 61.
     2.The bird quit singing around the 1st of June.
     3.The bird is now feeding a juvenile bird which we  believe to be Clay-colored and not a hybrid.
     4. The reason I say that is because we have never seen more than  one adult bird at any time. Nor have we seen any of the chipping sparrows feeding the juvenile.
     5. The adult was first seen feeding the juvenile on the 26th.
     6. The adult is feeding it the white millet seed .
     7. It bothers me that I still have not seen two adults,which I managed to learn somewhere in my education, should be around or at least seen. Also only one juvenile is being seen.
      My wife and I gave up taking photographs a long time ago. If a photographer is needed for verification then it will have to be someone else. Everyone, with patience, that came to see the bird SAW it.The best time to see this bird is in the early morning. All are welcome. The address and phone are listed below
        Terry and Barb Sponseller
         4657 13th St N.W.  Canton
         330-478-0448