OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2010

From:
Ken Keffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Keffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:13:16 -0400
Howdy from the Swamp,

We still have a few birders coming through the area so I wanted remind
everyone that Ohio Bike Week starts today. Please be extra alert when
driving because a LOT of bikes will be on the roads over the next couple of
weeks.

Also, a reminder that next Saturday, June 12th, Black Swamp Bird Observatory
(BSBO), Magee Marsh, and Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge will host another
Hike the Dikes adventure! Meet at the Sportsman's Migratory Bird Center at
Magee Marsh Wildlife Area at 9:00 a.m. for a FREE walk to look for summer
birds, bugs, herps, and other wildlife; the walks generally last about an
hour and a half. Deb Neidert will be our fearless leader. Deb was one of the
key figures in forming the up and coming new Ohio-based birding club,
LOOKING UP. Learn more about LOOKING UP by joining us for Hike the Dikes, or
by LOOKING them UP on Facebook.

Thanks,

KEN

Ken Keffer