OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2010

From:
"Steve J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve J.
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 14:28:51 -0400
Greeting all,

I just fed back to Lynda about the pigeon, so I thought that I would
also give the contact info here JIC we find more in the future.

The place you want to go for finding Banded pigeons with the code
begining in IF is the International Fliers web site, there site is:
http://www.ifpigeon.com/index.html  If you choose "search band list" on
the left hand side of the page, it will give you a list of all clubs in
the Federation.  As well as the name and number of a lost bird
coordinator. The important part is getting a correct band number, the
one that was given, was close to a few but not one that is on the list,
so I think that it was a incorrect code given.

Another site that had info on racing pigeons is
www.racingbirds.com/map.html  and click on "found pigeon" or click here:
http://www.racingbirds.com/ptrap.html at the bottom of the page is a
list of racing federations to follow up with different banding codes.

Have a great week, and happy birding.

Steve J.