OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

From:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:59:08 -0400
The diet of the peregrines nesting at the University of Michigan is
well-documented.  Rails and cuckoos are especially well-represented
including a Yellow Rail.

http://www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/birds/peregrine/um-peregrines.html

I have found 2 Yellow-billed Cuckoo carcasses under the Horseshoe at
OSU, beneath a common perch for the Columbus Peregrines.

Dave

Dave Slager
Graduate Student
Terrestrial Wildlife Ecology Lab
School of Environment and Natural Resources
The Ohio State University
210 Kottman Hall, 2021 Coffey Road
Columbus, OH  43210-1085