OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

From:
"Hutson, Timothy B" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hutson, Timothy B
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:08:55 -0400
I'm afraid I inadvertently led list members to believe that I took those hummer pics.  I apologize.  Would that it were true.  :-)  ....but its not.  Those pictures were taken by a person who posted a link to them from the web site DPReview.  It is a digital photography forum for Canon model 7D camera users.  I suspect he used a variety of lenses including some close up lenses.  Wonderful images and really neat to see the babies when they're small and how the (over) fill the nest as they grow.  I suspect they leave the nest because it is just too crowded.   Maybe they learn to fly by falling out of the nest.  :-)

I am not too familiar with humming birds.  In our area I believe there is only the ruby throat.  What kind is this one?

Thanks

Tim