OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

From:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
robert lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:30:50 -0400
Presently behind the Lowe's store located at the northwest corner of US23 (High Street) and I-270, is a Killdeer that at first glance, coloration wise, looks like a Ruddy Turnstone. The Killdeer is probably at least 50% white. It is on the east side of the water (to the left). Along with other Killdeers there are other shorebirds present. To reach the location, go clear to the back southwest corner of the Lowe's lot; there is a shallow water impoundment to the south of trapped water with some vegetation. Viewing can be done from your vehicle. This could be a place to keep an eye on!

Bob Lane/Damascus