OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 2010 08:48:18 -0400
 In response to Kenn's inquiry, I have seen Barn Swallows nesting on natural cliff faces on the south side of South Bass Island, and the north side of Gibraltar Island- a very similar situation to West Sister. Not quite as natural, but certainly interesting are Barn Swallows that nest on the sides of several limestone quarries in the Columbus area.

Good birding,

Steve Landes