OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2010

From:
Scott Hannan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2010 22:24:47 EDT
Thanks to all who e-cajoled me into finally visiting this FANTASTIC site,
12 miles north of the I-71 intersection with I-271.

There were numerous Boblinks, singing Sedge Wrens (not the least bit shy),
but alas, I couldn't locate a convincing Henslow's.

If you decide to make the trek, the location is easily accessed from a
pull-off at the west end of the former Richfield Coliseum location, marked with
 an IBA sign at the parking site.  From there, I recommend going in (north)
 and to the right (east) at about a 45-degree angle, near where the
cattails are  more numerous, something like 1/4-1/3 mile walking distance.

If you can recognize the song, you can't miss it.  There are dozens of
Boblinks as well, a nice surprise to me, most I've ever seen in Ohio.

Happy hunting -- it's worth the trip!

Scott Hannan
Wayne County