OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

From:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:27:38 -0400
My  nephew and I have been fishing the last two days at Headwaters Park
(north of Middlefield) and La Due Reservoir (Auburn Township)and enjoyed
watching Osprey at both locations.  Headwaters had two birds and one was
very active fishing (and catching) right by the dam.  We watched it dive
into the water and struggle to get airborne again with wet feathers - very
cool!.  La Due had one bird that we flushed from its resting tree as we
canoed around a bend at the west end of the reservoir near Auburn Road.

Last week my wife and I were walking in Chagrin Falls and she looked up to
see a mature Bald  Eagle soaring in big, lazy circles over the east edge of
town near the river.  I had a similar sighting the week earlier as I drove
home through that same part of the village (Solon Road by Knob Hill
Apartments).

Geauga County - what a great place for birding!

Matt Valencic

Chagrin Falls, OH