OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

From:
Laura Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 19:24:29 -0400
I was in very good company at the home of the Troyer family on Monday, and
we were rewarded with the Rufous Hummingbird every 45 minutes or so during
my stay. He was stunning in the sun!
I spent Tuesday with my daughter's family in Elyria (Lorain County) and the
woods behind their home were hopping with 5 species of woodpecker. A pair of
Red-headed Woodpeckers was in view all day, and I saw one carrying a large
bug (nest nearby?). There were also juvenile Downy and Hairy Woodpecker, and
a pair of Flicker and a single Red-bellied. I think my son-in-law is getting
concerned that he may have a permanent guest! http://tinyurl.com/chcy6v

Laura Keene
Mason, OH