OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

From:
Mark Shieldcastle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 16:13:50 -0400
Chip Weseloh of the Canadian Wildlife Service has asked Black Swamp Bird
Observatory to help get the word out to birders of a major color-marking
project with Great Egrets on Lake Erie and Lake Huron.

While space doesn't allow for photos on this list-serve I have posted his
request and photos of egrets with tags on BSBO Bander's Blog. Chip has been
conducting colonial waterbird research in the Great Lakes for several
decades and is a leading authority on populations and contaminant effects of
Great Lakes gulls, herons, egrets, terns, and cormorants. Please visit
http://bsbobirdbander.blogspot.com/ to see the photos and get a short
synopsis of their project and objectives.

Many of these birds should pass through Ohio this fall so keep the look out
and assist in this important movement study.

Mark Shieldcastle
Research Director

Black Swamp Bird Observatory

13551 W SR 2