OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2010 12:10:06 -0400
Becky,

Just a note that if you do buy humane live traps, I believe that the law in Ohio is that any trapped raccoon must be killed/euthanized unless it is released on the same property from which it was trapped.  This does not do you much good if your "property" is not square miles in size.  The concern of releasing raccoons elsewhere is the potential of spreading rabies.  I went through the same scenario that you are experiencing when I lived in Ohio.  You may want to check on this to see if the regulations have changed since two years ago, or if I misinterpreted the regulations.  Good luck!

Rob Lowry
Carson City, NV
(formerly Powell, Ohio)