OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

From:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Slager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2010 12:08:35 -0400
Hey Joe,

Are you sure it's a hummingbird?  If you really have a hummer at your
feeder that is twice the size of a Ruby-throat, it's not a Rufous.
Rufous Hummingbirds are about the same size as a Ruby-throat.  If it's
really that big, you should try getting a good picture of it or having
someone else come over who can.  What does it look like and how long
has it been at your place?

Dave