OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2010

From:
Kim Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]

> Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 09:26:33 -0400
> From: Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: The Big Year
>
> There are a couple of interesting comments and links about the
> upcoming
> movie "The Big Year" over recent days on the Missouri list at
> http://www.birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/MOBD.html . My brother told
> me
> he and his wife were driving up Vancouver [...]41_10Aug201003:50:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 10:45:52 -0400
Hello Everyone,

After two very successful Lake Erie Pelagic trips last winter, Black Swamp
Bird Observatory (BSBO) , Inside the Great Outdoors Radio, and Discovery
Tours are pleased to offer two more: November 13 and December 11th, 2010.
We've got great leaders lined up, including: John Pogacnik, Kenn Kaufman,
Jennifer Brumfield, and Gabe Leidy.  Both of these trips sold out fast last
year, so we encourage you to register early.  More details and online
registration are available at the BSBO website:
http://www.bsbobird.org/events/lake_erie_pelagics.htm

We also hope you'll consider joining us for BSBO's Annual Banquet & Weekend
Celebration, September 17, 18, and 19. Robert Michael Pyle will be our
keynote speaker, and his latest book, Mariposa Road: The First Butterfly
Big Year, will be hot off the presses for our event.  We're teaming up with
the Ohio Lepidopterists to host a Sugaring and Blacklighting for Moths
field program on Friday evening, September 17th, and a field trip with Mr.
Pyle on Sunday, September 19th.  And, lest you think we've left out the
birds, Kenn Kaufman will be offering a Shorebird ID Workshop for us on
Saturday morning, at 10:00 a.m. in Port Clinton.  It's an entire weekend of
celebrating birds and butterflies! More details and registration
information can be found here:
http://www.bsbo.org/events/annual_banquet_celebration.htm

Thanks, and good birding!

Kimberly Kaufman