OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clyde Witt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:47:09 -0400
Susan Jones and I spent about three hours at Mentor Headlands this morning. The highlight had to
be the thousands of migrating Monarch Butterflies (see my blog, www.mywittsend.blogspot.com
for story and pictures). There was an alleged Black Vulture in the area that we did not see. We
tallied fewer than 10 warbler species--plus three of which we could not identify in the heavy
foliage. Plus we had a rail species fly over that we could not identify. Another great day of birding
along the north coast of America.

Rock Pigeon
Turkey Vulture
Ruby-throated Hummingbird