OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Powell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:38:48 -0400
This is not working out like I thought.  I'll try it again by brute force.

Larry Gara and I explored the wetland on Dick Road in the Deer Creek
Wildlife Area using the directions Rick Asamoto published a couple of days
ago.  We had pretty much the same results birding only from the road.  (I am
recuperating from knee surgery and uneven ground is still uncomfortable.)

The water level is very low, exposing a vast amount of mud.  Most of the
birds were fairly far out and this situation is likely to get worse if we
don't get some rain soon.

Another checklist follows for species seen from the beach overlook.

Cheers,

Bob