OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:43:18 -0400
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the Ohio Ornithological Society's 6th annual conference approaches; October 8 - 10 in Eastlake, Ohio, near Cleveland. We'd love to have you there, and are looking forward to seeing everyone who has already registered. Birding the Lake Erie shore in October can be fabulous, with such goodies as Nelson's and Le Conte's sparrows a strong possibility. Late fall can also be good for vagrant songbirds, and who knows, maybe one of the field trips will find Ohio's first - and long overdue - record of Ash-throated Flycatcher. Pelagic boat excursions should also produce some great birds, including jaegers if luck is with us.

There is also an excellent slate of speakers: Larry Rosche, Harvey Webster, Andy Jones, John Pogacnik, and keynote Drew Wheelan.

You can see all of the details at the Ohio Ornithological Society website: http://www.ohiobirds.org/

Hope to see you there!

Jim McCormac

Jim McCormac