OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
DANIEL WEBER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DANIEL WEBER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 21:57:41 -0400
I wasn't going to report a single RBNU sighting until I read Dr. Scott Moody's report from Albany, OH.  My sighting is a few days late, but I had one at the Paw Paw Festival on Sunday morning at Lake Snowden in Athens County.  Red Breasted Nuthatches are hit and miss around here.  Three years ago, I had a handful coming to the suet from early fall until mid March.  I haven't seen or hear any since then until Sunday.  Maybe this will inspire me to clean the feeders and see what shows up.
Have there been any follow up reports of the Evening Grosbeak flock that was reported the other day in SE Ohio?