OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2010 17:29:52 -0700
I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood State Parks on the east side of Cleveland on the south shore of Lake Erie this morning.  I didn't get there til 10:15am and stayed til 5pm.  Mark Anderson joined me around 12 noon til 4:15pm.  I started near the lake in Villa Angela and didn't see much and after the rain I started seeing birds in the field area and the main woods further into Villa Angela.  Later there were many birds seen across the road in Wildwood.  In fact, there were birds all over, many flying quickly back and forth between the trees MOST OF THE DAY.  When I left at 4:15 there were so many birds along the road I pulled into the parking lot near Lakeshore Blvd. and found birds there and in tall trees below parking lot near Euclid Creek.  Here is a list of some of the birds I saw today:

Black-crowned Night-Heron 1 adult (also 2 immatures seen in creek 9/3)
Turkey Vultures  many
Least Flycatchers 2
Un-ID's flycatchers 4
Warbling Vireo 2, Red-eyed Vireo 5