OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim McCormac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:44:22 -0400
Hi all,

Apparently the link that Ann provided regarding the Guatemala post on my
blog wasn't complete and wouldn't click through for people. Hopefully this
one will work:
http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/2010/03/guatemala-people-places-and-things.html

For those who might fret that Guatemala is unrelated to Ohio birds and
shouldn't be mentioned on the listserv, I'd just offer a reminder that "our"
birds utterly fail to respect political boundaries and anyone who travels to
that lovely country in winter will see plenty of familiar feathered friends
that also pass through or breed in the Buckeye State. A spectacle that will
always be seared in my memory is observing an estimated 1,000 Tennessee
Warblers in one monstrous Capak tree on the slopes of Lake Atitlan.

Jim

Jim McCormac
Columbus, Ohio
Like Nature? http://jimmccormac.blogspot.com/