OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Linda Sekura <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 16:47:29 EDT
Hope this question is appropriate for this listserve:

I may be taking vacation 2-3 (4?) weeks off-and-on from late Sep  thru end
of Oct.  I have only 6(?) years of birding experience  and want to learn
(and enjoy!) more.  Looking for advice  on visiting one or all 3 of the options
below, but any other  suggestions are appreciated.

1) Our last KBC meeting speaker suggested Texas when asked where  he would
go if he were in my position, since there will be  huge numbers of many spp.
of "our" birds coming thru anytime late  Sep thru Oct.

2) Went to Cape May for the first time last year, and had a great  time.
It's also listed as a "top 10 US spot."  Oct 29-31 is the  Audubon weekend -
crowded, but more opportunity for experts/workshops for folks  like me:
_http://www.birdcapemay.org/autumn.shtml_
(http://www.birdcapemay.org/autumn.shtml) .   But a quieter weekend may be better.  Maybe take a week.

3) Home (Crane Creek, Pt Pelee, other hotspots) may be the best way to go,
especially to learn about our very own "locals."

Thanks,
Linda Sekura
(Cleveland region)
216-598-0113